Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ender's Game

In this edition of Endyr's Planet, I am featuring my favorite book in the whole-wide-world.  For those of you have not yet discovered the joys of Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game", now is the perfect time to begin experiencing it.  Back in 1992, a user logged on to a BBS that I was operating called Beneath The Ruins, and while in chat mode, I asked him about his curious handle which was "Endyr".  He said that it was based on a book he read called "Ender's Game", and that he changed the second "e" to a "y" in Ender, to make it look cooler.  He was right, it does look "way cool"! It was so cool that I adopted it as my handle.  I read "Ender's Game", and it became my perennial all-time favorite book to this day.  Card has written the perfect book about childhood.  I have read it about one-hundred times, it is that good.  I won't even begin to describe the plot.  I don't want to spoil it for you, but it is a must read.  Please click on this link to purchase "Ender's Game" from Amazon.com:  Ender's Game

"Welcome to the human race.  Nobody controls his own life.  The best you can do is choose to fill the roles given to you by good people, by people who love you."

-Valentine Wiggin (Ender's sister)

An Excerpt From "Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card

Please click on the video widget below to view a "hypothetical" trailer that was made for an "Ender's Game" movie.  Remember, this is not the actual movie trailer, but instead it is something that a fan of "Ender's Game" created.

2 comments:

  1. You do know that "Ender's Game" the movie is really going to be made now, Right?

    You can read about it at: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141

    They have cast Asa Butterfield as Ender.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben,

    Thank you very much for the tip.

    With a hug,

    -Endyr

    ReplyDelete